Cohuna District Hospital employs just over 100 people from within the town and surrounding area. Together, staff work in a team environment to ensure the best possible care and services are delivered and the best possible outcomes are achieved for patients, residents and clients.
- From professional development, supported working environment, job satisfaction and salary packaging – there are a multitude of benefits that come from working at Cohuna District Hospital.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary packaging (meals, entertainment and accommodation)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Immunisation Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Recognition
- Comprehensive on-site education and training
- Accommodation assistance
- Free onsite parking
- Smoke free environment
Working in Cohuna
Cohuna is a picturesque rural town located on the waters of the Gunbower Creek in the North of Victoria between Echuca and Kerang. Home to 2400 residents in the town, Cohuna is a popular holiday spot for families as well as a regional sports centre with a wide range of facilities and activities which include golf, tennis, camping, fishing, water-skiing, canoeing, birdwatching and bushwalking.
The town’s commercial centre extends along one side of King George Street and spills into adjoining Market and Cullen Streets. The other side of King George Street fronts Garden Park – an attractive strip of parkland and trees which extends down to the shores of the wide waterway of Gunbower Creek. In the middle of the creek is the Millennium Fountain, Cohuna’s tribute to welcoming in the year 2000.
Cohuna’s main natural attraction is Gunbower Island, accessed via Cohuna Island Road. Formed by the Gunbower Creek branching off the Murray River then rejoining it further downstream, Gunbower Island is claimed to be Australia’s largest inland island. It has a water frontage of 130 kilometres and is mostly covered by native forests and wetlands, making it an ideal spot for camping, picnics, fishing, boating and bushwalking.